Don’t get me incorrect – I love technology! It is a remarkable device that has helped us end up organized more correctly and speedy than we ought to ever have completed manually. It assists us in putting in place frequently scheduled responsibilities so they occur like clockwork; month-to-month mailings, organizing and categorizing touch lists, and lead follow-up are actually contained in neat, orderly digital structures we can get entry to and spark off with the rush of a button.
All my contacts are in the ACT! This device enables my Marketing Director and I keep in contact with human beings on a regular foundation. But I became recently reminded of a call I had to make, were given distracted and forgot. Several days later (after my brain has been damn “something” round that I could not quite don’t forget), I remembered that I had a call to make, located time to look up the smartphone variety in the ACT! And made the decision – overdue. Part of the hassle is that often when I do don’t forget to make a call, I’m not at my desk, so the phone number that might enable me to make it at some point of a free second in the car or any other far-flung vicinity is not available.
1. The visible reminder is long gone: In the antique days, we might have a written To Do List (or ebook) that sat on our desks (or came with us anywhere we went), visually reminding us of our daily/weekly/month-to-month responsibilities. With tasks now locked neatly away in our digital devices (frequently hidden inside handbags, pockets, and briefcases), it’s far too easy to forget that we nonetheless have things that ought to be achieved these days. Unfortunately, regardless of how appropriate your reminiscence is, as soon as too many objects acquire on that list, something will get lost within the cracks.
2. The visible reward is long past: Not only did the list function a reminder of gadgets to be completed, but it additionally served as its very own integrated praise, on the grounds that visual humans love to peer those objects crossed off, checked off or otherwise visually marked as DONE! The visible praise itself changed into a motivation to “get that last item off your To Do List!”
3. Technology is not constantly as handy as we’d like to think: If we’re not in the equal area as our electronic data, even though we remember that we’ve something to do (or someone to call), the vital records we want is not wherein we are at the time we don’t forget it! Our days are stuffed with calls, appointments, paperwork, personal errands – you name it. There are days I can not take a seat in front of my computer till late at night, once I’ve looked after all my other obligations all through the day! How in many instances have you ever been within the car and remembered a name you had to make, but the smartphone number (or other important information you need to properly serve your patron) is “locked” interior your desktop laptop, making it not possible to finish the To Do object? And lest we are saying, “Oh, but we ought to get a PDA and sync up our lists and convey the PDA everywhere,” allow us to take into account that:
Here’s an answer that has helped me and that I now endorse to my “visually-oriented” customers:
1. Even if you have you To Do List in a digital Task List, print it out and location it on your desk (or to your vehicle seat if you have to go away your office). The listing will remind you of the responsibilities you must accomplish, even as profitable you with visible satisfaction once items are finished. Print the listing for the entire upcoming week (so you don’t must recollect – or make time – to do it each day). Even if now not every object is on the published list, maximum might be (you could always hand-write them in as they get up).
2. Even when you have a PDA, print your active customer listing periodically. This way your records may be on hand, whether or not your PDA is up to date, sync’d or charged – allowing you to make vital telephone calls while you need to accomplish that. I used to hold an alphabetical listing with me all of the time once I become a REALTOR (and used it ALL THE TIME) to make smartphone calls between appointments!
Three. Keep a small wire-certain pocketbook or pad with you at all times to write down To Do items as they get up. When someone asks you to ship a fax, jot a short observe with the fax number in it. When a person calls to your mobile (or leaves a voice mail message), write the message in the To Do book, due to the fact that almost every phone call or message I acquire results in something “To Do” – don’t yours?
By maintaining a few simple non-electronic things available at all times (despite the fact that they may be based on digital structures to keep them organized), you increase the chances that your “smartly organized” desires will genuinely get performed, in place of sincerely remaining “well organized – however incomplete” on your bright electronic gadgets!