YARMOUTH 2.10 The betting can be the exceptional guide to this discipline of unraced maidens. On paper, IMPERIAL PAST makes plenty of appeals. He comes from a high-class own family, and teacher Charlie Appleby is in top nick.
2.45 DREAM WARRIOR made a pleasing start to his career whilst 0.33 in trying out the floor at Ascot closing day out. He motored along there earlier than just looking green in the last ranges. You could count on him to take a huge leap forward from that, and he could, without problems, win.
3.15 EMILY GOLDFINCH didn’t fire at Sandown last time; however, they had earlier gone potent near Newmarket while crushed in a photo. She shapes as though this trip will be excellent and is on a truthful enough mark.
TITI MAKFI has progressed via the season and become just pipped
in a hot handicap at York closing time out. That constructed on an amazing victory at Newmarket wherein smooth ground ideal properly. He likes this ride and wouldn’t improve a lot more to take this.
4.25 SWIFTSURE truly didn’t take to Goodwood the final time, but she’s hardly ever the primary horse to be afflicted by that hassle. The step as much as a prolonged 1m3f would have now not ideal either after an amazing run at Newmarket and win at Pontefract. This is a trappy race, but he could be the answer.
Pocklington united kingdom events.
If ZABEEL PRINCE is healthy enough after eighty-three days off, he’ll take all the beating from what seems a lowly handicap mark. He turned into outstanding in more than one maidens, completing 2d at Redcar on debut earlier than stepping up well to win at Nottingham. There has to be plenty of improvement to come back.
Steve Mullen’s megastar guess
5.25 Yarmouth – Dakota Gold: ‘Soft floor fits, and he appears the one to beat (add to your bet slip) 5.25 DAKOTA GOLD has hardly put a foot wrong this season with wins and three seconds from simply five outings. He ran another cracker when 2d at York last time over 6f; however, he gained minds this drop returned in the distance. Soft floor suits and he appears the only one to conquer.
5.55 EQUITATION won very well at Doncaster’s remaining time regardless of now not being requested too many questions. He looked inexperienced within the remaining stages and became the fee for a bit similar to the legitimate margin of a length. You could anticipate him to build on that first win.
What IS assertive communication?
Assertive communication is Beverley’s ability to express racing positive and negative tips, ideas, and feelings in an open, honest, and direct way. It recognizes our rights whilst still respecting the rights of others. It allows us to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions without judging or blaming other people. And it allows us to constructively confront and find a mutually satisfying solution where conflict exists.
So why use assertive communication?
All of us use assertive behavior at times… quite often, when we feel vulnerable or unsure of ourselves, we may resort to submissive, manipulative, or aggressive behavior. Yet being trained in assertive communication actually increases the appropriate use of this sort of behavior. It enables us to swap old behavior patterns for a more positive approach to life. I’ve found that changing my response to others (be they work colleagues, clients, or even my own family) can be exciting and stimulating.
The advantages of assertive communication
There are many advantages of assertive communication, most notably these:
- It helps us feel good about ourselves and others
- It leads to the development of mutual respect with others
- It increases our self-esteem
- It helps us achieve our goals
- It minimizes hurting and alienating other people
- It reduces anxiety
- It protects us from being taken advantage of by others
- It enables us to make decisions and free choices in life
- It enables us to express, both verbally and non-verbally, a wide range of feelings and thoughts, both positive and negative
There are, of course, disadvantages…
Disadvantages of assertive communication
Others may not approve of this style of communication or may not approve of the views you express. Also, having a healthy regard for another person’s rights means that you won’t always get what YOU want. You may also find out that you were wrong about a viewpoint that you held. But most importantly, as mentioned earlier, it involves the risk that others may not understand and therefore not accept this communication style.
What assertive communication is not…
Assertive communication is definitely NOT a lifestyle! It’s NOT a guarantee that you will get what you want. It’s definitely NOT an acceptable communication style with everyone, but at least it’s NOT aggressive.
But it IS about choice.
Four behavioral choices
Strong “I” statements have three specific elements:
- Tangible effect (consequence to you)
Example: “I feel frustrated when you are late for meetings. I don’t like having to repeat information.”
Six techniques for assertive communication
There are six assertive techniques – let’s look at each of them in turn.
1. Behaviour Rehearsal: which is literally practicing how you want to look and sound. It is a beneficial technique when you first want to use “I” statements. It helps dissipate any emotion associated with an experience and allows you to identify the behavior you wish to confront accurately.
2. Repeated Assertion (the ‘broken record’): this technique allows you to feel comfortable by ignoring manipulative verbal side traps, argumentative baiting, and irrelevant logic while sticking to your point. To most effectively use this technique, use calm repetition, and say what you want and stay focused on the issue. You’ll find that there is no need to rehearse this technique and no need to ‘hype yourself up to deal with others.