No rely upon wherein you are inside the United States, this weekend has probably been warm, without a doubt warm.
In my domestic of San Francisco, the temp escalated from our generally
70ish ranges to over a one hundred this weekend. In a town in which having AC is pretty unusual, that may be pretty risky. AC or no longer, hot temperatures make it more critical than it already is with a purpose to live hydrated.
If you get too hot and haven’t fed on enough water, you’re opening your self as much as such things as warmth stroke, heat exhaustion, or maybe smaller troubles like cramps or a warmth rash.
Not sure the way to deliver extra water into your existence? Here are a few guidelines:
Carry a Water Bottle Around
This is a simple concept, however a powerful one. Just having water available to you all of the time will possibly boom how an awful lot of it you devour. Aim to have a complete water bottle via your aspect always, and sip on in whatever you start to get thirsty.
Eat Hydrating Foods stay song lyrics by sugarland
There are a number of exclusive meals that also can raise your hydration thanks to their water content material. Some big ones encompass strawberries, apples, oranges, corn, and broccoli.
Article preview thumbnail
These Foods Will Help Keep You Hydrated
One oft-repeated advice for beating lower back dehydration is to drink 8 glasses of water an afternoon.…
Order Water at Restaurants why don’t you stay lyrics
When you exit to consume, order a pitcher of water. That’s not to mention you may also have that beer or glass of soda, but make your self-drink water along with it. Similar to the water bottle concept, if you have a tumbler of water on the desk, you’re notably more likely to drink it.
Make Flavored Water
tips procedure life expectancy
Water, especially while you’re consuming it continuously, can get quite dull. Spice up your water recurring through making flavoured water. You can use those flavoured water packets, or even just throw a few portions of sparkling fruit, like strawberries or blueberries, into your water for a piece of a twist.
Set an Alarm
Is your water bottle continually empty? If you’ve got problem remembering to drink water, attempt placing an alarm in your smartphone to remind you to fill up your water bottle every few hours. The remainder will make sure you pass fit up your empty bottle or will be a very good reminder to drink greater water in case your bottle remains complete from the final alarm.
What IS assertive communication?
Assertive communication is the ability to express positive and negative ideas and feelings in an open, honest and direct way. It recognises our rights whilst still respecting the rights of others. It allows us to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions without judging or blaming other people. And it allows us to constructively confront and find a mutually satisfying solution where conflict exists.
So why use assertive communication?
All of us use assertive behaviour at times… quite often when we feel vulnerable or unsure of ourselves we may resort to submissive, manipulative or aggressive behaviour.
Yet being trained in assertive communication actually increases the appropriate use of this sort of behaviour. It enables us to swap old behaviour patterns for a more positive approach to life. I’ve found that changing my response to others (be they work colleagues, clients or even my own family) can be exciting and stimulating.
The advantages of assertive communication
There are many advantages of assertive communication, most notably these:
- It helps us feel good about ourselves and others
- It leads to the development of mutual respect with others
- It increases our self-esteem
- It helps us achieve our goals
- It minimises hurting and alienating other people
- It reduces anxiety
- It protects us from being taken advantage of by others
- It enables us to make decisions and free choices in life
- It enables us to express, both verbally and non-verbally, a wide range of feelings and thoughts, both positive and negative
There are, of course, disadvantages…
Disadvantages of assertive communication
Others may not approve of this style of communication, or may not approve of the views you express. Also, having a healthy regard for another person’s rights means that you won’t always get what YOU want. You may also find out that you were wrong about a viewpoint that you held. But most importantly, as mentioned earlier, it involves the risk that others may not understand and therefore not accept this style of communication.
What assertive communication is not…
Assertive communication is definitely NOT a lifestyle! It’s NOT a guarantee that you will get what you want. It’s definitely NOT an acceptable style of communication with everyone, but at least it’s NOT being aggressive.
But it IS about choice
Four behavioural choices Hot Stay Tips
There are, as I see it, four choices you can make about which style of communication you can employ. These types are:
direct aggression: bossy, arrogant, bulldozing, intolerant, opinionated, and overbearing
indirect aggression: sarcastic, deceiving, ambiguous, insinuating, manipulative, and guilt-inducing
submissive: wailing, moaning, helpless, passive, indecisive, and apologetic
assertive: direct, honest, accepting, responsible, and spontaneous
Characteristics of assertive communication
There are six main characteristics of assertive communication. These are:
- eye contact: demonstrates interest, shows sincerity
- body posture: congruent body language will improve the significance of the message
- gestures: appropriate gestures help to add emphasis
- voice: a level, the well-modulated tone is more convincing and acceptable and is not intimidating
- timing: use your judgement to maximise receptivity and impact
- content: how, where and when you choose to comment is probably more important than WHAT you say
The importance of “I” statements
Part of being assertive involves the ability to appropriately express your needs and feelings. You can accomplish this by using “I” statements. These indicate ownership, do not attribute blame, focuses on behaviour, identifies the effect of behaviour, is direct and honest, and contributes to the growth of your relationship with each other.
Strong “I” statements have three specific elements:
- Tangible effect (consequence to you)
Example: “I feel frustrated when you are late for meetings. I don’t like having to repeat information.”
Six techniques for assertive communication
There are six assertive techniques – let’s look at each of them in turn.
1. Behaviour Rehearsal: which is literally practising how you want to look
sound. It is a very useful technique when you first want to use “I” statements, as it helps dissipate any emotion associated with an experience and allows you to accurately identify the behaviour you wish to confront.
2. Repeated Assertion (the ‘broken record’): this technique allows you to feel comfortable by ignoring manipulative verbal side traps, argumentative baiting and irrelevant logic while sticking to your point. To most effectively use this technique use calm repetition, and say what you want and stay focused on the issue. You’ll find that there is no need to rehearse this technique, and no need to ‘hype yourself up’ to deal with others.
3. Fogging: this technique allows you to receive criticism comfortably, without getting anxious or defensive, and without rewarding manipulative criticism. To do this you need to acknowledge the criticism, agree that there may be some truth to what they say, but remain the judge of your choice of action. An example of this could be, “I agree that there are probably times when I don’t give you answers to your questions.
READ MORE :